Polypropylene (PP-H) piping systems are widely used in industrial processing. Light in weight yet with high impact strength and reliable heat fusion welding, PP-H also offers good abrasion resistance and is a good thermal and electrical insulator.
Chemical resistance is excellent: PP-H is resistant to aqueous solutions of acids, alkalis and salts, and to a large number of organic solvents.
PP-H systems are assembled using the following techniques:
- Heat fusion butt welding
- Electro fusion welding
Benefits of PP-H
- Lightweight, impact resistant, and robust
- Highly corrosion resistant to many acids, alkalis, salts and solvents
- Smooth internal bores preventing the build-up of FOGS (Fats, Oils and Greases)
- Excellent hydraulic properties due to smooth pipe interior
- Assembled using either 'O' ring push fit sockets, fusion sockets, electro-fusion sockets, mechanical coupling or butt fusion.
Applications of PP-H
- Chemical Drainage
- Chemical Pressure
- Laboratory Waste
- Bio-Safe SAPO Rated
- Fire Mains
- Chemical Bent and Ductwork
- Chilled Water Cooling
- Effluent Treatment
- Large Diameter Pipe Systems
- Dual Contained Pipe Systems
- Foul, Surface, Industrial, and Chemical Water Drainage